Jan Dhan Yojna
Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) is National Mission for Financial Inclusion to ensure access to financial services, namely, Banking/ Savings & Deposit Accounts, Remittance, Credit, Insurance, Pension in an affordable manner.
Account can be opened in any bank branch or Business Correspondent (Bank Mitr) outlet. PMJDY accounts are being opened with Zero balance. However, if the account-holder wishes to get cheque book, he/she will have to fulfill minimum balance criteria.
An account can be opened by presenting an officially valid document.
- The passport
- The driving licence
- The Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card
- The Voter’s Identity Card issued by Election Commission of India
- Job card issued by NREGA duly signed by an officer of the State Government
- The letter issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India containing details of name
- Address and Aadhaar number
Provided that where simplified measures are applied for verifying the identity of the clients the following documents shall be deemed to be officially valid documents:—
- identity card with applicant’s Photograph issued by Central/State Government Departments, Statutory/Regulatory Authorities, Public Sector Undertakings, Scheduled Commercial Banks, and Public Financial Institutions;
- letter issued by a Gazetted officer, with a duly attested photograph of the person.
- 1. Interest on deposit.
- 2. Accidental insurance cover of Rs.1.00 lac
- 3. No minimum balance required.
- 4. Life insurance cover of Rs.30,000/-
- 5. Easy Transfer of money across India
- 6. Beneficiaries of Government Schemes will get Direct Benefit Transfer in these accounts.
- 7. After satisfactory operation of the account for 6 months, an overdraft facility will be permitted
- 8. Access to Pension, insurance products.
- 9. Accidental Insurance Cover, RuPay Debit Card must be used at least once in 45 days.
- 10. Overdraft facility upto Rs.5000/- is available in only one account per household, preferably lady of the household.